BROADCAST SALES & SUPPORT ENGINEER - Auckland, New Zealand
Professional Audio & Television Pty Ltd is a leading distributor of broadcast and professional audio equipment in Australia, and due to continued growth, has recently established a branch office in Auckland, New Zealand.
PAT represents some of the world’s leading broadcast brands direct to the New Zealand market. Offering full service capability, PAT sell, configure, install and commission systems for brands such as LAWO, DirectOut Technologies, RTW, Boland Communications, Dimetis, Bel Digital and various other manufacturers.
Our newly established presence in Auckland and throughout New Zealand, has given PAT the opportunity to expand our team.
A position for a Broadcast Sales & Support Engineer has become available, performing the following tasks and duties:
- Represent PAT New Zealand for new and existing clients, while maintaining and building client relationships
- Support clients from first point of contact, through the decision making, sales and post-sales process
- Provide technical support during pre-sales contact, system design, configuration, installation and commissioning
- Setup and configure systems for customer inspection, demos, training, commissioning and trade-shows
- Understanding all of PAT's brands on a technical level, and to be able to deal with support enquiries from customers
To be successful in this role you will possess the following attributes and characteristics:
- Have a minimum of 5 years proven track record in the broadcast industry with detailed knowledge of current and emerging technologies
- Have an understanding of, and keen interest in broadcast routers, switches, broadcast audio consoles, broadcast control and automation systems, robotics, cameras and IT networking
- Have a keen eye for detail and be able to manage your time while multitasking
- Provide confident, high level technical service to all levels of business through face to face meetings, phone calls and through written correspondence
- Be punctual, self-driven and willing to 'go the extra mile' for the greater good of the company and your career
- Proficient in AutoCAT2016, with the ability to translate design briefs into detailed installation drawings
- Be diligent with personal record keeping and time management
- Highly responsible, trustworthy and very well presented
- Have a current unrestricted drivers license
It would be advantageous but not essential if you fulfill the following criteria:
- Have in depth IT networking knowledge
- Have technical experience with any of the brands we represent
- Have previously worked in a technical sales environment
- Have previously worked in a role that required autonomy
We are a small team of high achievers and each team member is highly respected and regarded in their chosen field and industry. To become part of our team, you will not only need to fit in, you will need to bring motivation and determination that is necessary to drive the business forward. As a small team, you will need to be an all-rounder who is willing and capable to do what is necessary to get the job done. You will play an integral part in establishing our presence in New Zealand, and work closely with the engineering and admin teams in Sydney. You will report directly to the Managing Director.
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your career and become an integral part of one of the fastest growing Broadcast Solution providers in APAC. Our customers are the ‘Who is Who’ of the broadcast industry in Australia and New Zealand, while our exclusive manufacturers are redefining the broadcast industry with their cutting edge technologies. This is an opportunity you don’t want to miss.
If you are the right person for the job, we offer competitive remuneration relative to your experience, a relaxed and fun work environment, further education in the technical field of the broadcast and pro-audio industries. Opportunities also exist for the successful candidate to undergo overseas manufacturer certified training.
To apply for the above position please submit your 1 page cover letter outlining specifically why you are the right person for the job with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.